This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Director of Nursing
Company: GEO CARE
Facility TCFTC -TREASURE COAST FORENSIC
Category: HC - HEALTHCARE/MEDICAL/NURSING
Employment Status: Full-Time
The Director of Nursing is directly responsible to ensure the goals and objectives of the facility are accomplished according to the policy direction of the organization. This position is directly responsible for Clinical Nursing Services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees daily operations of nursing services in meeting facility goals and objectives.
- Develops, presents and manages the nursing services budget.
- Participates with EMG in strategic planning and budget development by participating in the development of policy to include goals, outcome and process objectives and implementation steps.
- Provides administrative leadership and oversight to the Nursing.
- Assumes professional responsibility to assure that nursing standards are followed, licensed staff are current with licensure; educational programs meet clinical standards.
- Organizes service delivery through judicious staffing and scheduling, and communication and collaboration with other departments, other facilities, persons served, their families and visitors.
- Develops and manages quality improvement activities for Nursing Services.
- Provides direct supervision and directs service delivery by serving as a resource and consultant to nursing staff and assisting with difficult decisions and operational issues. Motivates staff; guides problem identification and solving, facilitates constructive resolution of conflict. Demonstrates knowledge in JCAHO standards, 95-3 and 95-4 Regulations, recovery planning.
- Evaluates service delivery and professional growth and development of staff. Monitors, reports and assists with resolution of safety issues. Performs various administrative duties as needed for efficient program administration.
- Demonstrates understanding of: risk management program, clinical precautions, infection control, fall prevention, utilization of special procedures, environmental checks, fire disaster procedures, and alternatives to use with regards to seclusion/restraint methods.
- Continues professional development through in-service education, workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to maintain current knowledge applicable to the position.
Minimum RequirementsMaster's degree in Nursing and two years of managerial experience or a Master's degree a related health care or medical services, behavioral or rehabilitative science field and three years managerial experience.
The managerial work experience must come from performing those duties typically associated with the Assistant or Associate Director of Nursing or Director of Nursing.
This experience must have been gained exclusively in a mental health setting, a college or university program, or a health care facility, which included a discrete psychiatric program.
License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida, including at least two years of post licensure clinical nursing experience.
Must be able to work exclusively with individuals diagnosed with mental illness or multiple disabilities. (A diagnosis of multiple disabilities requires services for two or more mental disabilities, at least one of which must be a diagnosable mental illness, such as combined psychiatric illness and chemical addictions, or combined psychiatric illness and mental retardation.).
Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels within the facility, in addition to a variety of outside customers with varying interests.
Above average writing skills. Must be able to thoroughly and effectively document all work performed in the position.
Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department